OUR MISSION AND VISION
Compass Worship Center’s mission and vision can be summed up in this statement: Compass Worship Center is about reaching out to people with the message of salvation through Christ and then to help them to live a Christ-centered life.
“A Christ-centered Life” consists of the following characteristics: Loving God, Loving Others, Serving Others, and Sharing Your Story.
LOVING GOD – “We love because He first loved us” (1 John 4:19). Loving God is responding to God’s love by spending time with Him in personal and corporate worship. Here are some ways to experience Loving God:
- Worship with us on Sunday morning at 10:30 a.m.
- Take time to read your Bible, pray, and spend time with God.
- Deepen your walk with Christ through a Sunday School and/or Wednesday night class
LOVING OTHERS – “… Love your neighbor as yourself …” (Matthew 22:39-40) Loving Others is about building relationships through exploring God’s Word together, caring for one another, serving others together and enjoying life together. Here are some ways to experience Loving Others:
- Join a Life Group that meets in a neighborhood near you or on campus at Compass Worship Center
SERVING OTHERS – “Who is my neighbor?” (Luke 10:29) Serving Others is using our God-given abilities, resources and gifts to help meet the needs of others. Here are some ways to experience Serving Others:
- Serve in a Compass Worship Center ministry.
- Get involved in a local outreach or with a short-term missions team.
SHARING YOUR STORY – “You are my witnesses” (Acts 1:8). Sharing Your Story is about sharing your “Jesus-story” with an un-saved or un-churched person and inviting them to experience God’s love at Compass Worship Center. No one can tell your Jesus-story like you can and your story matters to others. Here are some ways to start Sharing the Story:
- Tell someone about the difference God has made in your life
- Invite someone to Compass Worship Center Sunday service, a class, a Life Group, or other events